“From a need comes an idea, which turns into innovation”
For healthy hair at any stage!
Head of Hair fights the follicle ageing process to prevent hair loss. Head of Hair uses a unique formulation of a blend of vitamins, flavonoids and extracts to improve circulation to the scalp during the hair’s natural growth cycle.
This stimulates cell metabolism leading to a slowdown in hair loss. Head of Hair also prevents the bond between testosterone & the ‘Alpha-5 Reductase’ enzyme found on the scalp, that, when bonded with Testosterone creates the by product Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
DHT, slowly, but surely, ‘strangles’ the hair follicle in both men and women.
For women, testosterone increase with the onset of healthier scalp means healthier hair growth overall…naturally.
Head of Hair sales are still predominantly word of mouth. Assisting with natural hair growth for customers that have just gone through grueling surgical procedures or chemotherapy, to hormonal changes in women.
What causes Hair Loss?
For both men and women hair loss can be attributed to factors such as:
Hormonal (e.g: pregnancy, menopause), Chemical (e.g: chemotherapy)
Systemic (one small problem leads to another and another, etc like dominoes)
How does it happen?
As you may already know, some hair loss is attributed to dihydrotestosterone or DHT. When the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which is found in the scalp, comes in contact with the hormone testosterone, DHT is formed. DHT then disrupts the normal operation of the hair follicles thereby causing hair loss. Alopecia is known to affect around 20% of men in their 20’s and increases 10% every decade, the reason why there are more balding men over 50. 1000’s of years ago, Hippocrates noticed that eunuchs never became bald, evidence that baldness was dependent on a specific male factor.
Now we know that testosterone produces DHT that literally eats away at the strength of a follicle.
Because it’s androgen (male sex hormone) dependent, it why women are generally spared from complete baldness. Thinning is more predominant though due to disease, Stress, Peri-menopausal which can cause oestrogen levels to drop suddenly, creating build up of DHT, in turn increasing hair loss.
I am bald and have been for years…is there a cure?
No, you cannot cure baldness, but where Head of Hair can assist is to slow down the process while you are still thinning and promote healthier growth of what is still left. Head of Hair helps lengthen the Anagen (growth) phase when the hair is growing and strengthen the bulb so it anchors more strongly. This in turn also lengthens the Telogen stage when the hair root begins to shrink ready to be expelled. A stronger bulb takes longer to shrink and be expelled thus hair stays in longer.
How do we do this? By strategically targeting the causes of hair loss.
1st – Slow the production of DHT which decays the hair follicle which stops/slows the hair loss
2nd – Increase circulation to the scalp so the nutritive arterial blood gets nutrients direct to the follicle bed
3rd – Increase and multiply new growth with necessary nutrients it needs, like fertilizer for the follicle
Head of Hair targets the known possible causes of hair loss – production of DHT and poor circulation of blood to the scalp leading to a slow progressive destruction of the follicle…with:
- Aloe (Certified Organic) – for effective cellular renewal used as far back as ancient times. Promotes healing, soothes & protects
- Apigenin – flavonoid extract from citrus. Vasodilates blood for better circulation
- Biotinyl Tripeptide-1 – Peptide carrying Vitamin H to help anchor the hair
- Jojoba Oil – contains proteins & minerals and a natural source of Vitamin E
- Methylnicotinate – extract of the vitamin niacin to massively increase vasodilation of the blood producing a “flushed” appearance
- Oleanolic acid – extract of Olive tree leaves, inhibits DHT production
- Rosemary Leaf extract – known antioxidant, neutralises free radicals
- Saw Palmetto – also known to neutralise DHT
- Stinging Nettle, Horse chestnut & Chamomile – anti-inflammatory extracts
- Vitamins: A, B3, B5, C & E
No fancy trade names, just ingredients that work!
- MORE value for your buck with a stronger formula so you need to use LESS
- We have even been able to keep it FREE of Sulphates and Parabens AND have used Certified Organic Aloe & Camomile Extracts